Thursday, August 14, 2008

Whew...what a day!

Today's workout was the best/worst yet -- it ended with my being BEET purple (no exaggeration, wish I had a camera!) and completely soaked in sweat.

Have your knees ever sweated? It's a very odd feeling and mine did today -- apparently this is a sign of a "great workout". I beg to differ.

Here's a rundown of the fun from the morning...

Leave to go to gym to find that someone hit our mailbox last night and it's now separated from its door and its post.

At gym...20 minutes on treadmill at 4.5 incline and 3.5 mph, 14 sets of 3 pulldowns (50lb), 5 push-ups, 10 situps on little core ball, 15 airsquats per set. That's 42 pulldows, 70 push-ups, 140 situps and 210 airsquats.

My intent was to swim afterwards -- I did go into the pool and floated. There wasn't energy left for more than that. :-)

Then off to Walmart (ick) for a new mailbox. Couldn't find it and there was no one to ask and there's only so much walking I was able to do (willing yes...able, not-so-much).

Then off to farmer's market to restock up on spinach, apples, oranges and carrots for morning juice and, in honor of my workout, a beet.

Home to juice all of the above and 1/4 of beet and one cucumber (it needed eating). It was a decent combo although I don't like beets.

And then off to finish a press release and begin a full day of coaching calls...

No comments: