Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's official...Fern IS trying to kill me!

I had a training session with Fern this morning and begged him to be easy on my knee as it's been acting up from an old running injury.

He smiled (I should have known I was in trouble) and said he would.

To be fair, he was very gentle on the knee. My arms, shoulders, abs and stomach however didn't fare quite as well.

His philosophy is simple...if everything else hurts, I won't even feel the knee.

In all honesty, I lost count of the number of situps, crunches, bench presses, tricep curls, bicep curls, and thingies over the back of my head with dumbbells that we did today.

When done, I couldn't hold my water bottle. Others in the weight room looked, smiled and said "wow, what a great workout".

I had other words in mind.

I'm thrilled to say that 8 hours after finishing with him, I can now hold a water bottle and even pick up my 17lb dog Buddy.

This type of pain makes it easy to say DEFINITELY NOT when offered Ben & Jerry's!

Getting my business in shape was nothing compared to this! :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you go - so proud, some times there just are no words.... love you

Marcia Francois said...

hey Sandy

I've loved reading your blog too.

Remember my op? Well, today's when I go back to gym and I've been dreading it, but I WILL GO because at least it's not as bad as Fern :)

Marcia from South Africa