Friday, August 8, 2008

Juicer Fiasco

I've been doing A LOT of juicing lately...my parents bought me a Jack LaLane juicer a few Christmas's ago and I finally tackled it about two weeks ago.

It's been a GREAT experience! My friend and client Lynn Rousseau of http://www.TheConsciousLeader.com recommended a great recipe (spinach, oranges and carrots) to which I've added apples.

As I was happily chopping away this morning, I learned a few things:

1. Even though they SAY you don't need to chop carrots down if you have a large (3 inch) feeding tube, they are WRONG!

2. When they say to always use the "food pusher", they are RIGHT!

3. Battle scarred and still finding bits of carrot pulp around my kitchen, the juice is still fantastic.

Be happy you weren't here...bits of carrot shooting everywhere, dogs barking (after all, they're getting pelted with carrot bits) and me insanely laughing as I tried to get to the OFF button.

and so begins a HAPPY FRIDAY!

No comments: