Monday, August 4, 2008

"Fern" sounds like such a gentle word

When I think of the word "Fern", I think of those light and airy plants that grow in the woods -- there are several in my woods.

When the wind blows they move to and fro and give a gentle rustling sound. Ahhh...

That is not the case with my newest association of the word: Fern, short for Fernando, is my personal trainer and has been for about 3 weeks now.

He recently won 4th place in a body building contest and is helping me get my body in the same shape my business is in -- strong and healthy!

Here's a sample morning session:

100 situps on a core building ball
60 squats with a 30lb barbell
a mile on the treadmill at an incline of 3 and speed of 4.0
50 walking lunges

Followed by a minimum of 10 laps in the pool

I'm firmly convinced he's punishing me for having him at the gym at 6am. While I'm getting healthy, I don't want to give up my morning writing time, so...6am it is. :-)

Off to write my newsletter for tomorrow. Remember, MAKE it a great day!

No comments: