Monday, September 1, 2008

RV Shopping and a PERFECT Day




Many thanks to everyone who's sent me cards! I'm recovering nicely from my unexpected surgery and am thrilled to say that most people don't even know I had it (unless they read my blog).

Now THAT is the perfect definition of what makes a business "automatic"!

I apologize for being away from the blog for a bit...my personal training has been stopped until my doctor clears me (hopefully tomorrow) and I've been spending a lot of time working on the info page for my new 90 Day Intensive program (http://www.90dayintensive.info/).

Have you ever had one of those absolutely, picture perfect days?

Jerry (my hubby) and I did yesterday. We got up early, went to breakfast at a local family-owned restaurant called Binky's which has been open since the '50s and the owner's daughter went to school with Jerry.
We followed that up with a nice long "country drive" (where you drive aimlessly about on back roads) in my 13-year-old Monte Carlo SS (I LOVE this car and she still drives like a dream) and then ended up going RV Shopping at Marty's RV in Berkeley (you can see yet more pictures of our top choices below).

The dilemma...do we get a "Get Up and Go" (my name for one you can drive -- a smaller one though as I have to be able to drive it without crashing!) or a "Stop and Drop" (my name for a camper that would go on the back of Jerry's truck???

And after that I was a bit tired and spent the afternoon alternating between reading and sleeping in our oversized hammock under a perfectly blue sky with my Llasa Apso "Buddy" curled up sharing my pillow and listening to Jerry practice his bass guitar while sitting under the trees.

This was a perfect Norman Rockwell day! And for dinner? Take-out from Lorenzo's, another small family-owned local restaurant from the 1950s where the food is homemade daily and absolutely heavenly!

Throw in an evening visit from one of our friends and you have a perfect day!

No comments: