Monday, September 1, 2008

I WON, I WON!


It's true! Jerry, my mother Lynda and I went to the local 4-H Fair this weekend (they have an auction which I just love to go to each year).

This was big for few reasons...
1. It's the first time I've been really out since surgery and

2. I actually bid AND won something (hee hee)

My great find? A new nightstand for Jerry for the whopping total of $11 -- it's true, I got into a bidding war and WON!

I don't often bid as I love just watching -- last year, a baby grand piano in mint condition went for $80 and every year we have "crazy man" (as the children have named him).

He always bids on a couch so he can sit someplace other than the benches (and pays around $200 -- he outbids HIMSELF) or gets into a bidding war over ice skates with a little girl, pays around $50 for them and then gives them to her.

While I don't know his name, I know he's a great supporter of our local 4-H as all the funds raised at the auction go to the children and as many people come to see him as they do the rest of the fair.

You should have seen two older ladies go to absolute war over landscape puzzles. :-)

Aside from the auction, I always get to see friends I haven't seen since the last auction.

Above is a photo I took of the auction. . .it's a little dark, but it was 10pm. :-)




No comments: