Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back at the gym...


Now that the doctor's cleared me to start exercising again, I gave Fern a call (that's a picture of him by the way -- taken 2 months ago when he came in 4th place in a body building competition) and said "let's get back to it!"


Everyone's been telling me to "take it easy", "rest some more", blah, blah, blah. While I can't say that I TRULY miss working out, I do miss swimming and, quite honestly, I'm afraid that if I stay out of the routine for too long, I'll never get back into it.


So I went ahead and paid for 12 sessions of training in advance (it's harder to be lazy when you've spent the money and I'm a firm believer that we can do more, faster with a good coach and mentor) and started back at the gym this morning.


It was tough. REALLY tough. Tougher than I remember.


But I'm not giving up -- I know why I want to succeed and that thought alone is enough to pull me forward (with the help of Fern's kick-in-the-butt, believe-in-me style).


What do you want to succeed at and do you have someone who believes you and can mentor you through it all?


No comments: