Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Organic Gardening Going Great!

As you may know, I eat predominantly raw foods -- especially in the summer.

Over the past few years, I've been attempting to grow most of my own food, with mixed results. The shorter Massachusetts growing season combined with less-than-ideal soil and a lot of trees make it a little bit of a challenge.

As a result, I've been doing a lot of container gardening (easy to move around my sunny deck) and planting things against the deck (holds the warmth longer than out in the open).

I came across manual on www.HowToGrowOrganicVeggies.com and am LOVING the results I'm getting!

It's full of everything from best watering techniques to saving money on groceries, protecting your plants from bugs without using pesticides and what to do if you have limited space (think "deck" in my case despite the acre of land I own). It even includes the easiest veggies to grow (important when you have dogs who trample everything in their path).

The best part -- many of the tips and techniques are low cost, easy to implement and you know those are my FAVORITES!

Here's to an amazing garden!

No comments: