Saturday, July 19, 2008

Getting fit this summer

It's no secret that I'm "chunky" (yes, I'm being kind to myself).

This summer I realized that my business is more than successful enough to allow me to spend a whole lot less time in the office and a whole lot more time getting fit.

While I only work in the office 4 days a week, exercising and working out haven't been a priority for me.

If you're familiar with the "Law of Attraction", you know that "what you focus on expands", sooo...it's time for me to focus on my own self-care.

I recently joined a gym and have been swimming daily, in addition to my early morning walks with Miss Sasha (my rotti-lab mix) who's still recovering from a full hip replacement and is doing FABULOUS!

And, for those of you who aren't aware, I'm a vegan (no meat, dairy, fish, etc.) and have been eating primarily raw (about 85%) for the last couple of months. "Raw" means that I'm not eating cooked foods -- I eat fruits, raw veggies, raw nuts, sprouts and drink of ton of smoothies (and yes...I get plenty of protein).

If you're interested in learning more about vegetarianism, you can visit my client Gayle's site at www.VegetarianNook.com and if you want to learn more about raw foods, you can visit my good friend and mastermind buddy Karen Knowler's site at www.TheRawFoodCoach.com.

In the past several months, I've lost about 22 pounds and am in the process of building some nice muscle. It's time to go to the next level. . .

On Monday, I have my first session with a personal trainer. After spin class (which I loved and my butt hated!) yesterday, cardio this morning and Fernando my trainer (he looks as divine as his name sounds) on Monday, I'm wondering if I'll make it to Tuesday to send out my Success Strategies (my weekly newsletter). It's a really good pain though.

Off to pick some blueberries for my smoothie snack (I have a few blueberry bushes growing right in the yard)!

I'd love to hear about your trials and victories in getting fit and staying healthy! Please comment below and let me know what you do. :-)

No comments: